Electrical Safe Work Practices for Telecom Workers
June 16, 2021
1:00 - 3:00pm ET
Instructor: Lee Marchessault, CUSP
Telecom workers work within close proximity of overhead powerlines every day. The OSHA 1910.268 regulations outline safe work practices from its original promulgation in 1975. Some rules have been changed by reference through other updated standards. This program will describe best practices based on a variety of standards including identification and hazard recognition and some NESC requirements of all equipment on a pole. We will also discuss the importance of grounding, hazards when stringing new cable or fiber, and service level hazards.
- Understand electrical shock and arc flash hazards.
- Define electrical safety requirements for qualified Telecom Workers.
- Explain OSHA requirements specific to telecom work.
- Identify grounding requirements for cable and communications.
- Describe the importance of maintaining minimum approach distance exposed powerlines.
Earn 2 CUSP Points
The views, information, or opinions expressed during this webinar are solely those of the individuals involved and do not necessarily represent those of Utility Business Media and its employees. It is strongly recommended you discuss any actions or policy changes with your company management prior to implementation.